- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, parsley, milk, salt and pepper; set aside. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp.
- Add potatoes, onions and sage; cook until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with cheese. Top with egg mixture and tomato slices.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Potato & Bacon Frittata
Sort By :
I am making this recipe this weekend, sounds great. Don't understand when recipes are rated as "very good" dish, but the cook adds and completely changes the recipe.
Made this for a Sunday Morning breakfast. Everyone was very pleased with how light it was, and how non-greasy even with that amount of bacon. Do not leave out the tomatoes. Even my daughter who does not like cooked tomatoes ate them and noted that they gave the frittata a nice "something." Next time will decrease the amount of parsley (probably just lightly sprinkle over the top just before baking) as everyone detected a distinct parsley "after taste", add a little more cheese, and use a different type of onion as the green onion got lost. Will also try adding a few more veggies - perhaps some spinach or zucchini - and may try a different cheese, like sharp cheddar. I would suggest making it at least once exactly as written (which is good) and then tweak if you want to fit your individual taste.
Super easy and SO delicious! My husband was quite impressed! Be sure to have all your ingredients prepared (i.e., potatoes peeled and sliced) BEFORE you begin cooking