Vegetable Bacon Frittata
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Remove bacon to paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add the hash browns, broccoli, green pepper, onion and rosemary; cover and cook over low heat until hash browns are golden brown and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; pour over hash browns. Top with bacon and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 169 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2012
I used turkey bacon in this, but it didn't add enough meatiness. I wish I'd had mushrooms. However, this was easy and tasty and great when you're in a pinch and don't have any beef or chicken in the fridge!
Jan 3, 2011
I have made this again and again...at this last time I had some ground beef that I needed to use and instead of broccoli I used Spinach ...but dont forget the Bacon ..it gives it some taste
Sep 3, 2010
This is delicious. However, I added more bacon, omitted broccoli, added peas, cherry tomatoes, and a few sliced mushrooms. I made the hash brown/veg mixture & bacon the night before and refrigerated overnight. In the morning I added the egg mixture and baked for 25 - 30 minutes. I have a Bed & Breakfast and this is a great recipe for those who cannot have milk products.