Possum Pie Recipe
This recipe was found in a box of recipes that were used in the cafe we own back in the early 1950's, when it was know as Mount Aire Camp. Since then, the pie has been on our menu.David Heilemann, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 to 16 Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, vanilla and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over the pecans. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and pecan halves. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Possum Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p51
Reviews for Possum Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011
Very good - nice on a hot day. Had to use 1 cup instead of a 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >