With portobello mushrooms and satisfying cheese tortellini, this earthy, elegant dish is perfect for either a quick, casual dinner or a more formal meal. I often use fresh basil from my garden in it. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review