Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Portobello & Basil Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"Soooooooo good! great paired with parmesan crusted chicken!"
"Wow! One of the best recipes ever! Like others, I lightened it by using half and half. I also used vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. I would definitely serve this to company.,"
"I've made this three times over the past few months. I have used half and half and also shitake mushrooms. It is so easy and delicious!"
"This receipe was easy and delicious! My granddaughter's boyfriend is a vegatarian and he loved it. We ate it all at one sitting (just 3 of us) and the boyfriend made it for his parents. They also liked it a lot. Thanks for a great recipe."
"I am one person so I made half the recipe to try it out. I buy mushrooms every week. It was wonderful and company fare. And wll be serving to guests soon. I then tweet it using as a base and ended with the most wonderful dish, different pasta, different muchrooms, wine and half &half. Thanks so much for recipe."