- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
"My husband is a very picky man, it can get frustrating, when I cooked this for him he actually complimented my cooking!!! Needless to say, I'm making it tonight again :)"
"WOW!! This dish was the best ever!"
"This recipe has that authentic down-home flavor! It deserves a blue ribbon."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I did do the chops on the bottom like others have recommended but they were still a tap dry for my tasting, I'll double up on the sauce next time. I also threw in portobello mushrooms which my wife thought was a nice touch... I will be having this dish again! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Excellent!!! Best Pork Chops & Scalloped potatoes ever! Our whole family loves them! I also put the chops on the bottom, and then in the last half hour after removing the cover, I brought them to the top, to brown up a little bit more. 15 minutes one way, then turn them over and 15 minutes more. This time can vary, if the potatoes arnd chops already tender...may only need 10 minutes on for each side. Enjoy...pure deee-licious! ??"