- 6 medium plum or heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p27
Reviews for Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
"Great for a light, fresh side dish. This is a keeper! I'm sure it would be good with cucumbers added too."
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2011
"A good quick side."
Reviewed May. 27, 2009