Ham, pepperoni, string cheese and manicotti shells make a tasty hands-on recipe that even small children can help prepare. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 cup sauce into an 11x7-in. baking dish. On a short side of each ham slice, layer one basil leaf, one piece string cheese and three slices pepperoni; roll up. Insert in manicotti shells; arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with olives and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover unbaked casserole and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza-Style Manicotti in Taste of Home September/October 2013, p2-8
Reviews for Pizza-Style Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review