Rhubarb is the featured ingredient in this blush-colored punch. A friend passed the recipe on to me, and we enjoy it so much that I thought others might, too. —Rebecca Mininger, Jeromesville, Ohio
- 8 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 8 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid (save rhubarb for another use).
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin powder in boiling water. Stir in pineapple and lemon juices. Stir in rhubarb liquid; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, pour into a punch bowl and stir in ginger ale. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Originally published as Pink Rhubarb Punch in Country Woman May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Pink Rhubarb Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review