- 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 canned unsweetened pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two
Sort By :
Perfect size and moistness. I switched out the sugar for splenda and used fake butter and wheat flour. Think next time I will try adding dab of cocoa powder in the mix. Glad it was so small because i would have eaten more for sure.
Per serving this has 106 more calories than the Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe in the muffin tins. You can always freeze others for when company comes.
It was great not having to eat the same thing for a week or more. Would love more recipes for two!
Made this last night....due to health issues did some adjusting, less salt and less sugar also part splenda and part whole wheat flour. Very pleased with the results!
Has anyone tried this using splenda and light brown sugar?