Pineapple Bread Pudding Recipe
Pineapple puts a different twist on this moist and flavorful bread pudding from Margie Behnke of Neenah, Wisconsin. "This festive pudding couldn't be easier to make or more delicious to dish up," shares Margie. "And it's just wonderful reheated."
- 10 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes; turn over and bake 4 minutes longer or until very light brown. Cut toasted bread into 1-in. cubes. Toss with melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Add the pineapple, currants, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Bread Pudding in Country Woman September/October 2003, p41
Reviews for Pineapple Bread Pudding(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
Wonderful! Used 2/3 cup of Splenda in place of the sugar to cut carbs a bit. Might omit raisins and top with a little toasted coconut next time.