Pineapple Bread Pudding Recipe
- 10 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, optional
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4 minutes; turn over and bake 4 minutes longer or until very light brown. Cut toasted bread into 1-in. cubes. Toss with melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored. Add the pineapple, currants, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Bread Pudding in Country Woman September/October 2003, p41
Reviews for Pineapple Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
Wonderful! Used 2/3 cup of Splenda in place of the sugar to cut carbs a bit. Might omit raisins and top with a little toasted coconut next time.