- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pierogi Beef Skillet
Sort By :
My husband just loves this meal. It is a quick take on Shepherd's Pie.
I really enjoyed this dinner. I grew up on pierogis and we use to just put butter on them. I like finding recipes that use other things to top the pieorgis. This was comfort food for me! I don't think I would change a thing on the recipes. Will be making this again, it was very easy!
Rating this recipe *4* stars, since will need to make adjustment. Have no beef broth in pantry (used up last can Friday), so will sub. chicken broth. Do you think chicken would make a significant difference in taste? I'm sure hoping it doesn't. Have no instant in to nmake broth, either.
Quick, easy, delicious, flexible. We used 2 - 12 oz packages of mini pierogies and increased the amount of broth a bit. It was awesome!
I have made this twice in the past month. Our family loves it. (I use the mini pierogies also) It is super easy and tastes delicious. Thanks for this awesome recipe!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >