- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogies, thawed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and drippings; stir until blended. Gradually add beef broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the pierogies, vegetables and seasonings. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pierogi Beef Skillet
Sort By :
Delicious! My husband and I loved it so much. The only thing I changed is not to add the cheese and I used just potato pierogis cause I don't like cheese of any kind. I will definitely make this again and again! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
My husband just loves this meal. It is a quick take on Shepherd's Pie.
I really enjoyed this dinner. I grew up on pierogis and we use to just put butter on them. I like finding recipes that use other things to top the pieorgis. This was comfort food for me! I don't think I would change a thing on the recipes. Will be making this again, it was very easy!
Rating this recipe *4* stars, since will need to make adjustment. Have no beef broth in pantry (used up last can Friday), so will sub. chicken broth. Do you think chicken would make a significant difference in taste? I'm sure hoping it doesn't. Have no instant in to nmake broth, either.
Quick, easy, delicious, flexible. We used 2 - 12 oz packages of mini pierogies and increased the amount of broth a bit. It was awesome!