This zippy egg bake is a favorite of one of my daughters. She comes for brunch every week before church, so I serve it often.—Phyllis Carlson, Gardner, Kansas
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tomato slices and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheeses; set aside. In a blender, combine eggs and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato and cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Picante Omelet Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p14
Reviews for Picante Omelet Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review