- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Crackers, breadsticks and/or French bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with crackers, breadsticks and/or French bread. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizza Spread
"I have made this more times than I can count. It is a fantastic appetizer and simple to prepare. There is never any left, and people always want the recipe. We serve it with multi-grain Scoops."
"I plan to make this this weekend - sounds sinfully delicious, would have given it 5 stars if not for my question: just counting the # of cups in the ingredients, the amount will come to waaaay more than the 6 cups printed. I will plan to use a 13 x 9 dish, if not larger. Any other similar observations about the amount?"
"We Have This Every Christmas"
"The best dip I've ever made. Everyone loves it!!"
"I have this recipe in a cookbook I wrote, and it's rated number 1 appetizer requested for parties! I brown my pepperoni to get some of the grease out and then drain it on papper towels. I also use Canola Mayonnaise for less fat. This is the best recipe ever!! Just ask the Coke girls in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin!!"
"I have made this recipe a couple of times and it was a hit. I am wondering though, if I have all the ingredients mixed up, can I freeze it and bake it later?"
"Make this all the time when we have guests over, or even when we don't. I have never changed a thing when making. Always a hit!"
"I have been making this since 2004, everyone loves it. I don't add the mushrooms. I also have chopped the onions, peppers, and the olives then freeze until ready to use, then add the rest of the ingredients and bake..."
"I make this recipe usually as a Christmas appetizer or for special events, and it's always a big hit."
"This recipe is excellent!!! I brought it to a party and it received rave reviews plus I was asked by several people for the recipes. One guest labeled it the "best of the appetizers" The reviews I read mentioned the greasiness of the spread. I solved that concern/problemby using turkey pepperoni. The spread had a good pepperoni taste WITHOUT the grease and fat. Besides being great tasting ... this spread is so easy to prepare."