- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepper Poppers
Sort By :
Very yummy! Took them to a party and received many compliments and requests for the recipe.
These are always requested for every gathering I go to. I make without bread crumbs.
can't make enough of these. They leave the table so quickly! I have used 1/2 bread crumbs and 1/2 panko. Very good.
I used low fat cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella, and turkey bacon. It brought the calorie count down to 151 per 3 poppers. I also used Panko bread crumbs. Perfect!!
I made this wonderful recipe tonight for my husband, son and I. There were no leftovers - very delicious. Thank you for sharing. Will also make for party this weekend.