To get that luscious taste of Thai cuisine, combine ginger, basil, lime and peanut butter in a linguine sauce. It's so good, we've never have leftovers. —Allil Binder, Spokane, Washington
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Transfer linguine and broccoli to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Add peanut butter mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Ginger Pasta in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p14
Reviews for Peanut Ginger Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review