Peanut Butter Muffin Recipe
Kids of all ages will love these delicious peanutty treats from Ann Janis of Tucson, Arizona. Topped with your favorite jelly, the pretty muffins are sure to bring back sweet childhood memories.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Jelly, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Melt remaining butter; brush over the tops of muffins. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Serve with jelly if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p47
Reviews for Peanut Butter Muffin(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
Pretty good, I skipped the cinnamon sugar topping though. Made a batch of minis and they also turned out well, just baked a wee bit to long (whoops) but these are great for a peanut butter fix.
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2008
Can crunchy peanut butter be used in this recipe?