- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (17.3 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, optional
- 6 cups (36 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Stir in coconut if desired. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening: stir until smooth. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
- For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Eggs
Sort By :
Very rich! Too sweet for all the adults in our house.
Just made these - so many!! But they are incredibly sweet, too sweet for my taste. I am used to more of a "fancy candy shop" peanut butter filling, which has a smoother, less sugary/pasty texture. I am sure most kids would like these, though.
This was the tradition cream cheese egg I was looking for. Everyone loved them. I used my crock pot on low to melt the chocolate and dip. It melted it without burning it. It took me just under three bags of wiltons.
made these with my 12 and 3 year old this morning. We had some after lunch and they are very good. My 12 year old said they are better than Reese's!
These are AWESOME! We make them every year! So easy, and so yummy!