Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (17.3 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, optional
- 6 cups (36 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Stir in coconut if desired. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening: stir until smooth. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
- For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Eggs(5)
Sort By :
This was the tradition cream cheese egg I was looking for. Everyone loved them. I used my crock pot on low to melt the chocolate and dip. It melted it without burning it. It took me just under three bags of wiltons.
made these with my 12 and 3 year old this morning. We had some after lunch and they are very good. My 12 year old said they are better than Reese's!
These are AWESOME! We make them every year! So easy, and so yummy!
If you search on google.com you will fing many recipes for coconut fudge.
THESE ARE TRULY AWESOME MY FAMILY LOVED THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A RECIPE THOUGHT FOR COCONUT FUDGE ANY ONE HAVE ONE>?
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Candy >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >