This dessert has long been a favorite with my family. I especially like the fact that it requires no baking—and who doesn’t melt for the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? —Ruth Blair, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Featured In: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Combine all crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Chill.
- For filling, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate with coffee until smooth. Spread over chilled torte. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cheese Torte in Reminisce January/February 1992, p35
Reviews forPeanut Butter Cheese Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2013
"If you like reese's peanut butter cups you will love this. It is easy to make and to save time I usually just buy 2 graham cracker crusts instead of making the crust but then you have to keep in mind to also make a little extra topping."