Peachy Rhubarb Pie Recipe
We have an abundance of "pieplant" in our garden, so I save every rhubarb recipe I come across. I've done a lot of cooking and baking over the 53 years I have been married. My husband especially loves the combination of rhubarb and peaches in this pie. -Phyllis Galloway, Roswell, Georgia
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; chop the peaches. Place peaches and syrup in a large bowl. Add the rhubarb, sugar, coconut, tapioca and vanilla; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with rhubarb mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Rhubarb Pie in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p27
Reviews for Peachy Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >