- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; chop the peaches. Place peaches and syrup in a large bowl. Add the rhubarb, sugar, coconut, tapioca and vanilla; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with the bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with rhubarb mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Rhubarb Pie in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p27