Turn a store-bought graham cracker crust, frozen peaches and whipped topping into this pretty pie. Fruit-flavored gelatin provides a refreshing topping for the delightful cream cheese filling. -Gina Glassford, Provo, Utah
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach, apricot or orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in gelatin until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pie crust. Spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Cream Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peachy Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review