- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pie
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe! Pie filling was nice and thick, not runny at all when it came time for sllicing the cooled pie. I think it made a difference cooking the syrup ingredients then pouring over the fruit prior to baking as it was much thicker than when recipes call for just sprinkling the sugar / cornstarch mixture over peaches before baking. I'm going to try using this syrup recipe with some tweaks using apples and maybe cherries as well. Highly recommend."
"To make this extra blow-their-minds special: save a little of the thickened syrup and it brush it on the lattice top before baking. It becomes candy-like and gives the pie that restaurant-worthy appearance as well as flavor.And, someone asked about adapting this recipe to apple pie - a big Yes!"
"Very good recipe, I also used pie dust-a small and equal amount of flour and sugar on the bottom to keep it crisp."
"I made this today. Enjoyed by all!"
"Hands down the best peach pie recipe so far!!Finally! I've tried every recipe out there. Brilliant to cook theJuice to thicken, so it's not all runny and makes the crust soggy.Going to use same method on apple pies! Thank you"