- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugars; add peaches and toss gently. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Set aside. Drain peaches, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; gradually stir in reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and butter. Gently fold in peaches. Pour into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach Pie
Sort By :
"Took this to a picnic today and it got rave reviews. Was gobbled up in no time!"
"Divine. This recipe is everything you want a peach pie to be. Delicate yet sweet peach flavors come through. The touch of nutmeg is a nice flavor. My go to recipe for peach pie now. Excellent!"
"This was one of the best peach pies I've ever eaten! I don't like nutmeg and cinnamon together, so I omitted the nutmeg and added a little extra cinnamon. Delicious!"
"I usually don't make pies but i had bought peaches and didn't want them to go bad before we could eat them all. So i decided to tryl your recipe. This is probably one of the best pies ive made ! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I will be sure to keep it with all of my favorite ones."
"This was an absolutely delicious pie. I'm not a big baker, but will be making this pie more often!"