- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Blueberry Pie
Sort By :
"this has become our favorite pie of ALL !!"
"Like another reviewer, I make a pie with peaches and blackberries. The flavors and texture blend well together."
"This pie was devoured in one sitting, it was so good! The only thing I changed was I used fresh blackberries from the backyard instead of blueberries. I'm already being bugged to make another pie, lol."
"I made this pie for a luncheon with friends and the hands down review was that this was the best pie ever! A couple of small changes: reduced the sugar to 3/4 c, substituted 1/8 tsp nutmeg for the allspice, omitted the 1 T of butter. Using in-season fruit really intensifies the great flavor."
"I made this pie for my sweetheart's birthday and it was delicious! I only omitted the allspice. I used fresh Georgia peaches I had gotten at a farmer's market and fresh wild blueberries I picked myself."