Parmesan Scones Recipe
Unlike most other scones, these are nice and moist...thanks to heavy whipping cream! You can even stir in some basil or oregano if you like.Jolie Stinson, Lebanon, Oregon
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in onion mixture.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Scones in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p53
Reviews for Parmesan Scones(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review