Looking for a quick tasty side dish that goes well with all kinds of meats? Denise Elder in Hanover, Ontario shares a recipe for tender, tasty noodles you’ll want to try. “For a colorful variation, sometimes I add slightly cooked red and green pepper strips and a quarter cup of peas,” she adds.
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Herbed Noodles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p23
Reviews for Parmesan Herbed Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2016
"Used dried herbs and doubled recipe for side dish for 4. Absolutely tasty."
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2016
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"Great quick side dish, and tasted excellent with fresh herbs!"
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"This was a great side dish to the Parmesan chicken. Very filling yet quick and easy to make!"