Looking for a quick tasty side dish that goes well with all kinds of meats? Denise Elder in Hanover, Ontario shares a recipe for tender, tasty noodles you’ll want to try. “For a colorful variation, sometimes I add slightly cooked red and green pepper strips and a quarter cup of peas,” she adds.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Herbed Noodles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p23
Reviews for Parmesan Herbed Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2010
"This was a great side dish to the Parmesan Chicken. Very filling yet quick and easy to make!"