Parmesan, the king of Italian cheeses, brings a buttery and sweet, nutty essence to the coating for breaded pork loin chops. Mixed with butter-flavored crackers, it brings optimal flavor and tenderness to these baked chops. —Melanie Hogan, Birmingham, Alabama
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In a third bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, salt and pepper. Dip pork chops in the flour, egg mixture, then cracker mixture.
- Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parm-Breaded Pork Chops in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Parm-Breaded Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review