Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oven Barbecued Chicken(14)
Sort By :
I used boneless skinless thighs and it turned out great!
The flavor of the sauce was excellent. I would have liked the sauce to be a little thicker though. Mine seemed a little runny. I just used chicken legs this time because that's what I had on hand but think I'll try breasts or thighs next time. Very easy!
Loved this recipe! The sauce was thin, which did not overwhelm the chicken, and had a nice tangy-sweet balance. We could not decide if we wanted to do chicken or pork, so we did a little bit of both. I also added red onion and green pepper strips during the baking process.
This was easy and tasty. I was able to make it from things I had on hand when I discovered I was out of BBQ sauce! Definitely will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >