- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms
Sort By :
This is a great side dish-very tasty and easy to put together. Since I only had baby bella mushrooms, I used them instead of white button mushrooms-they worked great. I also added some freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese on each serving. The pilaf was delicious. I'll definitely be making this recipe again.
This recipe was excellent. Both my boys loved this! I will definatley make this again.
This recipe was very easy to make, and the result was pretty tasty. For added flavor, I sprinkled some parmesan cheese in it and it turned out great. Will definitely make again.
Quite tasty but nothing mind blowing. Made it with maccaroni as I had no orzo at home.
This was a big hit with my 4 young boys. It will definately become a regular side dish in our family. It's also the first time I've ever used orzo pasta , so i was pleasantly surprised.