Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was excellent. Both my boys loved this! I will definatley make this again.
This recipe was very easy to make, and the result was pretty tasty. For added flavor, I sprinkled some parmesan cheese in it and it turned out great. Will definitely make again.
Quite tasty but nothing mind blowing. Made it with maccaroni as I had no orzo at home.
This was a big hit with my 4 young boys. It will definately become a regular side dish in our family. It's also the first time I've ever used orzo pasta , so i was pleasantly surprised.