- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- For candied cranberries, place cranberries in a baking pan; sprinkle with sugar. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Place in a single layer on a greased aluminum foil; cool for at least 30 minutes.
- For salad dressing, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Just before serving, toss the lettuce, oranges and dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle with candied cranberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Cranberry Tossed Salad in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p36
Reviews for Orange-Cranberry Tossed Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2012
This is really a fresh salad and a must when cranberries are in season. It's simple, light and and can be assembled the night before. Just toss the dressing before the guests arrive!