- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips and walnuts. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 3 dozen.
Reviews for Orange-Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"Although it doesn't make many they are delicious. The orange peel is a good ingredient. The friend for whom I made them is going to be quite pleased."
"Will certainly be including these cookies as gifts for our friends."
"Love this cookie. Its so fresh with the orange and cinnamon."
"These were delicious!"
"Absolutely my favorite cookie to make at Christmastime for the second year in a row!"