Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread Recipe
Tart berries, crunchy nuts and sweet chocolate are simply scrumptious when mixed together in this easy quick bread. Sometimes I'll top it off with an orange-flavored glaze.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and orange peel; mix well. Add to dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; spread over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p18
Reviews for Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2012
I used white chocolate chips and this sweet, tart "bread" is really delicious! I'll definitely make it again.