Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, oil and orange peel; mix well. Add to dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; spread over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Orange-Chip Cranberry Bread(2)
Sort By :
Love this recipe. I can get 4 mini loaves from this. Because I have a small oven, I bake for 20 min. Then rotate the pan and bake another 20 min. Everybody loves it, even folks who jav never had it before.
I used white chocolate chips and this sweet, tart "bread" is really delicious! I'll definitely make it again.