Onion Loose-Meat Sandwiches Recipe
With French onion soup, these sandwiches don't have the typical flavor of most sloppy joes. My sisters and I rely on this recipe from Mom on days when there's little time to cook. - Kathy Petorsky, Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced cheddar cheese and dill pickles, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon onto buns; top with cheese and pickles if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Loose-Meat Sandwiches in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p109
Reviews for Onion Loose-Meat Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review