- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Sort By :
"This was as good as the old fashioned kind. Will make it again"
"Yummy!! It's quick and easy. Instead of the crust suggested, I made a coconut crust from a coconut banana pie recipe from a TASTE OF HOME cookbook for a tropical twist. I would not use "Old-Fashioned" in describing this pie just in honor of my mother and grandmother, They both made beautiful homemade custards for banana and coconut pies. For the most of us working, running about for our family events, making dinner and squeezing in a homemade dessert, this recipe is very good and definitely a keeper for the family, company coming over and a great way to end a hectic day to enjoy dessert and a cup of coffee with those you love! So for the rest of comments "grumpin' ...get over it! It is what it is!"
"great pie! Easy, quick and inexpensive. This will be one of our go-to desserts when we're craving something sweet. Thank you!"
"made this and it was not an easy job due a mistake i made in the calculation of Cups to grams ( because i'm Dutch and not use to work with cups (-: ) but after the correction it was tasty and good looking too. Thanks for this recipe"
"This is so easy! I took the advice of some reviews and used banana pudding. My family loved it but next time I will use vanilla pudding. I thought the banana pudding gave it an "artificial" taste. And I agree with others. Stop criticizing recipes just because they take shortcuts. If you don't want to make the recipe as written, just don't! But some of us have very busy lives and appreciate having a great recipe that is so easy."