- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Sort By :
"Considering HOME MADE pies are made with 5-8 yolks, this is the best alternative. Some people are critical this isn't "home made!" I'll consider a healthier pie vs. heart attack at dessert time."
"This is delicious and was the first dessert to disappear from a huge Thanksgiving table full of sweets. However, I agree with another reviewer - is it 12oz divided or 24 oz which equals 3 cups? I used 3 cups per the instructions for mixing. My only problem is that it was runny and not easy to slice, so my family scooped instead! Delicious flavor. I might try using 12oz next time to see if that helps. Please provide insight on the 3 cups vs. 12oz. Thanks!"
"This was as good as the old fashioned kind. Will make it again"
"Yummy!! It's quick and easy. Instead of the crust suggested, I made a coconut crust from a coconut banana pie recipe from a TASTE OF HOME cookbook for a tropical twist. I would not use "Old-Fashioned" in describing this pie just in honor of my mother and grandmother, They both made beautiful homemade custards for banana and coconut pies. For the most of us working, running about for our family events, making dinner and squeezing in a homemade dessert, this recipe is very good and definitely a keeper for the family, company coming over and a great way to end a hectic day to enjoy dessert and a cup of coffee with those you love! So for the rest of comments "grumpin' ...get over it! It is what it is!"
"great pie! Easy, quick and inexpensive. This will be one of our go-to desserts when we're craving something sweet. Thank you!"