- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Sort By :
This recipe gave me a "Wow, Mom!" yesterday for our Sunday dinner dessert. I made my own crust from graham crackers and certainly didn't mind using instant pudding instead of making homemade, which I have done many times in the past. I even had the whipped cream in thre freezer. Thank you for an easy, delicious banana pie recipe.
Old fashioned should not include instant anything. Making 'from-scratch' cream isn't that difficult and makes an amazing pie. Instant pie/pudding mixes are gastly.
It appears RamblinRon is confusing volume and weight. I think there are approximately 3.5 cups in a 12 oz. container of CoolWhip. Check the container, it should say how many cups are in it. Looking forward to making this this weekend.
Please answer RamblinRon's question about the amount of whipped topping...
I do not understand this recipe. It came out totally soupy. Ingredients list calls for 12 oz. frozen whipped topping (divided). Step one says fold in three cups of whipped topping. A cup is 8 oz., right? Three cups is 24 oz., right? This recipe wasted $6.00 of ingredients for a bowl of soup.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Banana Cream Pie Recipes >
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >