Nutty Wheat Bread Recipe
"We prefer whole wheat bread, but sometimes it can taste a bit plain," says Blacksburg, Virginia's Amy Pennington. "I added pecans and walnuts to give this loaf wonderful flavor."
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans and walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 12 slices).
Originally published as Nutty Wheat Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p58
Reviews for Nutty Wheat Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2009
This bread is so easy, and so gooood. We use it for toast , and just to snack on. I really like the nuts. I think I will put a few more nuts the next time I make it.