No-Fuss Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste, water, spaghetti sauce mix, sugar, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine eggs with cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Set aside. Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place half of the uncooked noodles over sauce. Top with a third of meat sauce and press down. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over all. Cover with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for No-Fuss Lasagna
Sort By :
This is a nice and easy recipe. I did prepare it the day before but the noodles in the middle were not as well cooked as I would've liked. Next time I will make it with no bake lasagna noodles.
Love this! I like the fact that you can prep night before and bring out for company the next day!
I made this with my homemade sauce, but did the rest exactly as it stated above. I liked that I could make it the day before. We have overnight company frequently so this make a delicious, easy meal with no mess the day we bake it!!
Although I try to cook from scratch as much as possible, I really like this recipe. If you use no-boil lasagna noodles you can skip the overnight refrigeration. And the recipe is easy to halve and bake in an 8" square pan. My husband and daughter love this lasagna.