No-Fuss Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste, water, spaghetti sauce mix, sugar, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine eggs with cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Set aside. Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place half of the uncooked noodles over sauce. Top with a third of meat sauce and press down. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over all. Cover with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for No-Fuss Lasagna
Sort By :
This is a nice and easy recipe. I did prepare it the day before but the noodles in the middle were not as well cooked as I would've liked. Next time I will make it with no bake lasagna noodles.
Love this! I like the fact that you can prep night before and bring out for company the next day!
I made this with my homemade sauce, but did the rest exactly as it stated above. I liked that I could make it the day before. We have overnight company frequently so this make a delicious, easy meal with no mess the day we bake it!!
Although I try to cook from scratch as much as possible, I really like this recipe. If you use no-boil lasagna noodles you can skip the overnight refrigeration. And the recipe is easy to halve and bake in an 8" square pan. My husband and daughter love this lasagna.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >