Mustard Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat; cool. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Mustard Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p12
Reviews for Mustard Barbecue Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 6, 2010
"Excellent sauce, I will definitely make again. I realized at the last minute that I did not have enough cayenne, so I ended up using about half & half cayenne and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Very good on grilled ham slices."