If you ask me, a good burger needs mushrooms on top, but they tend to slide around and fall out. I decided to put mushrooms right into the patties—problem solved! —Melissa Obernesser, Utica, New York
Recommended: Top 10 Burger Recipes
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms (about 4 medium)
- 3 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 4 turkey bacon strips, halved
- 4 thin slices cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Additional barbecue sauce
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Combine first six ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Grill bacon strips, covered, until crisp, 2-3 minutes per side. Top burgers with cheese and bacon; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 30 seconds.
- Serve on buns. Top with additional barbecue sauce and, if desired, pickles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bacon Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Bacon Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review