Mom's Peach Pie Recipe
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Peach Pie(10)
Sort By :
this pie is very good
I love peach pie, & this is by far the best recipe I've tried. I first made it 3 yrs. ago, 2 days before I had the first of three shoulder surgeries that left me unable to cook for nearly 18 mos. This was the first pie I made when I was again able to handle a rolling pin. A taste of heaven! Thanks for the recipe!
The flavour on this pie is very nice, but this pie is not one I would make again. Not sure if my peaches were a bit too ripe for this recipe, but my pie filling was a bit runny and the streusel topping was soggy on the top the day after it was made. I will stick to the traditional peach pie or my mom's peach custard pie.
This recipe was so easy to make and super delicious!! For a fun picnic idea, I made little peach tarts using this recipe - they were a hit! :) Two thumbs up!! :)
This was so delicious and so easy to make. I used frozen peaches and it came out great.