- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Peach Pie
Sort By :
"The reviews were spot on! Great pie, easy to make and loved by all of us. Just the right amount of sweet. I may add just a touch of cinnamon next time, but didn't even need it. Delicious!"
"How many peaches = 6 cups of sliced peaches?"
"This pie is just like what my grandma use to make ! Thanks f or the memories !"
"Love this pie recipe! So easy to make, especially since I'm baking challenged. Unfortunately, when I went to peel the peaches some were rotten and I had an "on no" moment. I remembered I had frozen blueberries and added them. Back to my farm stand this week-end for new peaches and will buy extra and make as written. Thank you Sally for a wonderful pie recipe."
"This is my MOM's peach pie recipe! Exact same recipe given to her by her mom. In her old cookbook it is named Praline Peach Pie. By any name, it is a great pie! Followed directions exactly, except I skipped the egg wash. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love rediscovering great classic recipes!"