Moist Cake Brownies Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pecan halves, toasted, optional
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in cocoa and oil until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until cocoa is blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to cocoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Moist Cake Brownies
Sort By :
I have to admit... I have made a lot of recipes online before that were fabulous that I never left a review for because I thought... well there are other good reviews, that's good enough. But in this case I had to make an exception... I created an account specifically so I could put a review about this recipe. These are by far the best scratch brownies I've ever had in my life. I did make a small change, but to the things I had in my cabinets... and because I made these for my son's cub scout pack (so no nuts!)... Instead of the semi-sweet & milk chocolate chips, I added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips & 2/3 c of heath chips. Now, I don't usually like heath, HOWEVER, there was something about the heath that just set off the rest of the taste. These are wicked good!
I loooooovvvvvvveeeeee this recipe, my family also loves this recipe I just made a few batches for my family visiting (whom requested them) and my co workers who also loved them. BEST BROWNIEEEEEEE RECIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realized I used salted butter. That's why it's too salty.
It was all good until I added the salt and baking powder. It has too much of a salt taste, and takes away from some of the sweet. Since I used natural salt, maybe I should have used less. I also didn't put in the chocolate chips or nuts. So maybe without those, you have to adjust to using less salt.
These brownies are terrific!