- 2 small carrots, grated
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Add the tomatoes, sugar, pepper and remaining broth to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine flour and reserved broth until smooth; gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mixed Vegetable Soup
"Delicious! I made this for my 97 yr. old grandmother who had been craving vegetable soup. I used all organic ingredients and used 2 cans of fire-roasted diced tomatoes instead of the regular. I also added extra vegetable broth because it came out a little too thick after I added the flour mixture. Can't wait to make it again for just me & my family!"
"Simple and tasted AMAZING!!"