- 2 small carrots, grated
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Add the tomatoes, sugar, pepper and remaining broth to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine flour and reserved broth until smooth; gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Mixed Vegetable Soup in Country Woman January/February 1998, p36
Reviews for Mixed Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2014
"Simple and tasted AMAZING!!"