Mixed Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Stir in corn syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust; top with butterscotch mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mixed Nut Bars(12)
Sort By :
Great !! Made them for a club outing. Were gone like zap. Also requests for how to make. I dropped the melted butterscotch on top. When you put it back in the oven it melts evenly.
Tasty bars!! Had a hard time spreading the butterscotch mixture. After several hours of cooling the final product had a heavenly chewy butterscotch nuts topping over a flaky crust. Yum :)
I am trying to make these and have been through bags of butterscotch chips! Tried every method I can find online for melting without scorching. They just aren't melting right! Any suggestions? I can melt without the butter but with the butter it turns pasty!!
These are so good! I have made this recipe several times.
I did score the bars before letting them cool and it made it easier to cut them.
Be sure to melt the chips completely and I heated the mixture very briefly after adding the corn syrup. This made it easier to pour the sticky stuff over the nuts.
Oh, so good! Thanks for posting.
The other day, I made these bars; however the topping was very thick and I was unable to spread it. Did you encounter this problem? Can you give me some advise?
Elaine from Minnesota.