Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes Recipe
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter until blended. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; spoon pineapple into prepared cups. Place a cherry half cut side down in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes(8)
Sort By :
Lovely and moist. I added a few crushed pecans in the butter and sugar mixture. I also used a French Vanilla cake mix.
Took these to a church fundraiser and everyone wants the recipe. Easy to make too.
I haven't tried it yet but very excited to try this recipe - however, I have a question. As you say the recipe is diabetic friendly - could you use the sugar free cake mix? I think I will try it with that type of mix to assist in lowering the sugar. Any suggestions?
Haven't made it but looks good!! Nice presentation! @ ylns493p, muffin tins and cupcake tins are the same thing, but do come in a variety of sizes; this recipe uses the standard size (not mini or jumbo). Bake away!!
These mini pineapple upside-down cakes really look good and I'm looking forward to making them. I do have one question before I make them, and that is: What exactly do you mean by Muffin Pans? What is the difference between cupcake tins and muffin cups in for this recipe? Thank You!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Cupcakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >