These individual pineapple upside-down cakes are an eye-catching addition to my holiday dessert table. A boxed cake mix makes them easy to bake anytime. —Cindy Colley, Othello, Washington
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter until blended. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; spoon pineapple into prepared cups. Place a cherry half cut side down in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p80
Reviews for Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review