- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter until blended. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; spoon pineapple into prepared cups. Place a cherry half cut side down in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Spoon over pineapple, filling each cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Sort By :
My wife will be surprised that I got this dessert. This is my first since my retirement. I made 24 mini molds and 6 regular. I had too much cake mixture that I can throw. She eats a few and the rest will be for me. Sorry for my English because I have to take a translator.
Oh my gosh, are these good!!!! Next time, I'm going to wait and put the cherries on after I take them out of the pan, just to make them prettier. Mine didn't quite look like the picture, but oh are they good!!!!!
I like the fact that this recipe makes individual servings. It is perfect for barbecues and picnics. I used whole pineapple rings. They were just a little too big to it in the muffin cups, so I removed a piece from each ring to fit into the muffin cups. April 20th is National Upside Down Cake Day.
Lovely and moist. I added a few crushed pecans in the butter and sugar mixture. I also used a French Vanilla cake mix.
Took these to a church fundraiser and everyone wants the recipe. Easy to make too.