- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/4 cup bread crumbs into 36 greased mini-muffin cups. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in biscuit mix, eggs and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Add macaroni; toss to coat. Spoon about 2 tablespoons macaroni mixture into prepared mini-muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Mini Mac & Cheese Bites
"This is a hit with all ages. It is super easy to make and I've never heard a bad word said about them!"
"I made these for the seniors at the center I go to. You are not kidding about how well they were liked. Delicious! This recipe will definitely be on my keeper list. Next time I'm going to try serving them as a garnish on top of a salad!! Thank you for posting."