- 1/4 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard drippings. In the same pan, saute potatoes, onion and garlic in oil until potatoes are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add water, seasonings and sausage; cook and stir over medium heat until the water has evaporated, about 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, buttermilk, flour and Parmesan cheese. Stir in sausage mixture. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around the edge of cups to loosen frittatas. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini Frittatas in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mini Frittatas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
"These were delicious and perfect portions! I served them with bourbon glazed ham (also in TOH) and they were a hit."