Million-Dollar Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beating just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Million-Dollar Pound Cake(3)
Sort By :
Maybe I just don't know what pound cake is supposed to taste like, but this seems really bland. It's incredibly dense and moist, but even with the extracts it leaves a lot to be desired. It might be better if it had lemon extract instead, just for more flavor and kick. I used cake flour, but I don't think that could possibly be worse than all-purpose flour?
This cake tasted too heavy in the butter. Looking for other pound cake recipes which are lower in fat content.
The recipe I got out of Taste of Home said the temperature for baking should be 300 degrees, and that is what I used. This recipe states 325 degrees. Which is correct? I live in high altitude.