Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; add tomato. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder(44)
Sort By :
There's a reason there are 50+ reviews here....this recipe is wonderful!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Loved. Used a cup of chicken broth in place of the bouillon and water.
This was amazing! The tomatoes and cilantro gave this chowder a fresh taste. I could go for some more hot sauce/hot peppers to kick up the spice.
Very good and super easy! made some fresh bread to go with it. My whole family loved it, even my picky 15 yr old.
I also like adding a cup or two of cooked white beans to it. I like using evaporated milk instead of the half and half.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >