Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; add tomato. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Sort By :
"This contest winning recipe did not need another great review but it is awesome! I too, used fresh corn and regular milk. Fabulous taste, hearty and very easy to put together. Easy to prepare on week night. This is going to become a regular in our house. This truly is a great recipe!"
"Very good! Instead of half n half i used whole milk and used 4 cobs of fresh corn. I also used precooked chicken from the carryout cafe at my grocery store. I didnt try it with tomato tho as i was making this for another meal during the week. I will add it then. Picky daughter also liked it!!!"
"Very good, but very rich."
"This is MY FAVORITE SOUP! I have passed this receipe around for years. I also use canned milk instead of the half and half that's called for in this. I've yet to find anybody that doesn't love this! It's truly a winner folks!"
"There's a reason there are 50+ reviews here....this recipe is wonderful!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE"