Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; add tomato. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Sort By :
"Used fat-free half & half and left out the tomatoes (my daughter doesn't particularly like them). Was excellent and very easy! Will make again!"
"This contest winning recipe did not need another great review but it is awesome! I too, used fresh corn and regular milk. Fabulous taste, hearty and very easy to put together. Easy to prepare on week night. This is going to become a regular in our house. This truly is a great recipe!"
"Very good! Instead of half n half i used whole milk and used 4 cobs of fresh corn. I also used precooked chicken from the carryout cafe at my grocery store. I didnt try it with tomato tho as i was making this for another meal during the week. I will add it then. Picky daughter also liked it!!!"
"Very good, but very rich."
"This is MY FAVORITE SOUP! I have passed this receipe around for years. I also use canned milk instead of the half and half that's called for in this. I've yet to find anybody that doesn't love this! It's truly a winner folks!"