Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken and Rice(16)
Sort By :
Very boring. It's good enough to cook and eat if you're tired or lazy, but nothing really impressive at all.
We found this dish to be okay, but nothing spectacular! Sorry. Won't make again.
Very quick and easy and very good!
so great and very forgiving! i didn't have the onion corn or cheese and it was still great. my guys are very picky. its gone!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Chicken Casserole >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >