- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, water, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Bring to a boil; stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Mexi-Mac Skillet
Sort By :
"This was very good and easy to make. I pre-cooked the noodles and also made many of the changes listed, such as green pepper, olives, and minced garlic."
"very easy, change it up a little, used velvetta, cut back on the oregano. This is a go to when I want fast comfort food."
"Very good and easy to make. I added half a green pepper, diced. About a dozen black olives, sliced and a half teaspoon of cumin. I used a 14 1/2 oz can of corn, drained and used the liquid in place of the water. I used mexican blend cheese instead of cheddar. Will make this again for sure."
"I bought Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and the sauce is very thick. I cooked the macaroni(1 cup) and added a chopped green pepper to the onion. It was not at all runny. I can't imagine making this with uncooked pasta. Very easy and very good weeknight dinner."
"i did add about double macaroni and simmered 30 minutes and the macaroni was perfect. my boys loved it!!!"